Ankündigung

Einklappen
Keine Ankündigung bisher.

KNX Actuator : Value read request not possible ?

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• KNX Actuator : Value read request not possible ?

Hi,

I use my Miniserver to perform most of the logic in my KNX installation, and some of those values generated by the Miniserver are sent back to KNX via virtual Actuators.

Unfortunately it looks like the Miniserver does not support the "value read" requests sent over the KNX bus to retrieve the actual value of those virtual actuators. The only option that I found so far is to send those values "cyclic", but it's not very nice to spam the KNX bus like that when it's not needed.

Does anybody have suggestions ? Or if someone from Loxone reads this, please do something about that in future updates, it's a very basic thing for KNX compatibility.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
    Laurent

As far as I remember, every EIB Sensor input can set an interval to update the value cyclical (Never, on reboot, and other second intervals).

So you either pull the value in cycles from the MS, or configure to push the value on change from the device.

Don’t be too expectantly that Loxone changes things in their KNX implementation.
    Zuletzt geändert von Christian Fenzl; 18.02.2020, 06:22.
    Hilfe für die Menschen der Ukraine: https://www.loxforum.com/forum/proje...Cr-die-ukraine

Kommentar

Hi Christian, thanks for your message.

You are right about KNX sensors (inputs), Loxone can request the actual value from the KNX bus with different cycle times (never, reboot, seconds).

In this case I was looking for a way to retrieve a value from Loxone to the KNX bus using the KNX actuators (outputs). It is also possible for Loxone to send the value of the actuator with different cycle times (never or seconds, but not on "reboot" in this case) but ideally I would like not to spam the KNX bus with those data when these are not needed. It also creates some errors in my supervisor when it does not receive any answer to its "value read" requests.

I don't expect too much much from Loxone about KNX updates, but maybe the fact that they still released a product dedicated to that bus will motivate them to improve it a little bit (they should also realize that the Miniserver initially became very popular thanks to its KNX capabilities ).

Kommentar

• Dostal
        Dostal kommentierte
        Kommentar bearbeiten
        Schon immer wieder seltsam...

Da erwartet jemand vom Merzedes (Loxone), das er sich auch um die Software vom Fiat (KNX) kümmern soll...

Wenn KNX soooooooooo gut ist.. bleibt doch bei KNX..

Aber ist halt so...

GSD stirbt KNX sicher bald aus.. (weils einfach Misst ist, und viiiiiiieeeeel zu teuer, und viel zu wenig Features hat, und und und)

Smart-Harry

Usually most of KNX Sensor devices have the config option to send group adresses by a minimum change of the value.
      With this a minimum bus load could be achieved and at the same time you will not loose a important change on the value.

Zuletzt geändert von Labmaster; 19.02.2020, 06:46.

Kommentar

Dostal
        Es ist ja schön wie du als "Neuer" hier für Loxone die Fahne hoch hältst und ja, wir sind hier auch in einem Forum welches sich überwiegend mit Loxone beschäftigt, jedoch sollte man die Wahrheit nicht gänzlich missachten. Gerade als Loxone Silver Partner sollte man das nicht machen.

1. Autovergleiche hinken hier ganz erheblich, weil KNX ein Hersteller übergreifendes System ist an welchem sich viele hundert Hersteller beteiligen, Loxone dagegen ist eine Insel aus mehr oder weniger einem Hersteller und ein paar System Unterstützer (wie z.b. Geiger ..)
        2. geschätzte 95% der KNX Geräte sind der Qualität und dem elektronischen Design der Hardware von Loxone um Längen überlegen.
        3. KNX ist vielen Bereichen von der Hardware um einiges günstiger als Loxone.
        4. KNX als eigentliches Bussystem kannst du direkt gegebenenfalls mit Tree von Loxone vergleichen und dort gibt es keine Features, außer das KNX nur zwei Adern benötigt Tree jedoch 4, sowie KNX im Vergleich zu Tree langsamer ist. Wenn es also um Features geht, dann kann man sich eher über Visualisierungen unterhalten, wo es für KNX eine große Vielzahl gibt, für Loxone aber nur eine.

Den großen Vorteil den Loxone wirklich hat, ist, dass die Softwarestruktur / System des Miniserver Systems bisher unerreicht ist, so einfach und schnell und dabei umfassend ist es wirklich bei keinem anderem System möglich eine entsprechende Logik mit Visualisierung zu erstellen und ein Gesamtsystem in Betrieb zu nehmen.

Anfangs war das auch wirklich extrem vielversprechend als noch abzusehen war, dass Loxone sich auch Fremdhardware weiter öffnen und umfänglich unterstützen würde.
        Leider geht der Trend jedoch nicht in diese Richtung. Loxone versucht (und muss das wegen Ihrem Geschäftsmodell auch) immer weiter möglichst viel eigene Hardware zu verkaufen, was natürlich nicht gut funktioniert wenn es besser und günstigere Hardware z.B. im KNX Universum gibt.
        Wenn man sich dessen bewusst ist, lassen sich viele Dinge die da so passieren oder eben auch nicht geschehen erklären.

Aber das Thema wurde hier im Forum ja schon rauf und runter diskutiert.
        Also bemühst du eventuell auch mal die Suche damit du dir ein Bild der Sache machen kannst.

Ich finde es gerade für Neuankömmlinge nicht unwichtig, das ganze etwas objektiver zu sehen, die grüne Brille hilft hier niemanden. (außer Loxone)
        Zuletzt geändert von Labmaster; 19.02.2020, 14:53.

Kommentar

Zitat von Labmaster Beitrag anzeigen
          Usually most of KNX Sensor devices have the config option to send group adresses by a minimum change of the value.
          With this a minimum bus load could be achieved and at the same time you will not loose a important change on the value.
          Hi Labmaster,

Thanks for your suggestion. Actually I m struggling with the opposite direction, the "sensor" is on the Loxone side, so it's a Loxone output (="KNX actuator" block in Loxone config) and I want to read its value "on demand" from the KNX bus. KNX protocol has a very basic feature for that, any knx device can send a telegram with "GroupValueRead" to a "Group Address" and the corresponding participant will answer with its value. Unfortunately Loxone does not answer to that kind of telegram.

This feature is very useful if, for example, you restart an external supervisor and wants to retrieve all the actual values from the bus. At the moment the only option is to make Loxone send the value with a cycle (ie. every 10minutes) but in the worst case you end up with your supervisor not "knowing" the value for 9min59sec. If you lower the cycle to reduce this maximum delay, you end up with a lot of "spam" on the KNX bus when you have about a hundred of KNX outputs in Loxone like me.

An alternative that I am thinking about for this particular case, is to create a new Loxone KNX input (KNX sensor block) and sending a "1" to this input would make Loxone sends the value of all the KNX outputs that I have configured. However I still have to think about how to do that

Regards,
          Laurent
          Zuletzt geändert von kalhimeo; 19.02.2020, 09:46.

Kommentar

Ahh, sorry, i had the other direction in mind.
            Zuletzt geändert von Labmaster; 19.02.2020, 14:54.

Kommentar

One year later, still no support for GroupValueRead on actuators, so sad :-(

I now use an Home Assistant server to connect to the Loxone API and expose the value of the Loxone actuator on the KNX bus, but it s so stupid to get to such a solution involving external hardware when things could be so easily implemented in Loxone directly...

Kommentar

Lädt...
              X