Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Loxberry on Hyper-V

After two years away from home, I can finally get back to my Loxone system. Several Loxone Config versions have passed, and I really need to work on my config (my old one looks tragic on the new app :-)). This time, I'll start a Loxberry combination to handle the Squeezebox data, rather than do it myself. I've decided to forego the Raspberry and the Docker approach and today installed Loxberry on Hyper-V on Windows 10 x64. No issues, but as there seems to be a rather small userbase for it, I wanted to notify I'm one. Will take me a bit of time to configure it all, but first results look good.

Biggest issue so far was finding the y on a qwertz layout... :-D

Is there a Hyper-V image with LoxBerry 1.x?
    Hilfe für die Menschen der Ukraine: https://www.loxforum.com/forum/proje...Cr-die-ukraine

Kommentar

Yes, a very recent one; version 1.2.5.5, created on 13/12:

According to the stats, there are about 1000 Hyper-V loxberry's, but I suspect that it means there are less in the real world (I would guess people try it like that first). So that was the main reason I wanted to voice that there are users for it.

I'm just starting, but installed the Squeezelite plugin and Weatherplugin. Now to clean up my config, figure out how to make the light controllers work with knx and how to again get a nice layout on the apps.

I initially thought of running it on Docker, but it would be on the same computer. Docker also uses the Hyper-V system, so in the end there is not much difference for me; but the pre-made image is however much easier to set up than trying to get Loxberry on Docker on a 64 bit Windows. (there is some docker images though, may still decide to give it a go as well, to compare. I have a Windows computer which serves as my home server (LMS, TV, ...), so it is on most of the time.
      Zuletzt geändert von J V; 18.12.2018, 18:39.

Kommentar

Ah, I see!

The front page isn’t up-to-date (https://www.loxwiki.eu/pages/viewpag...ageId=13305941).

Cheers, Christian
        Hilfe für die Menschen der Ukraine: https://www.loxforum.com/forum/proje...Cr-die-ukraine

Kommentar

Just a small heads-up which I was not aware of. The networking system of Hyper-V differs somewhat from other virtualization products. This can have some unexpected effects.
          In my case, my computer runs an LMS. This worked fine, until I decided to enable Hyper-V: since then, no more UDP packages were received from LMS (not by the miniserver, some local software could not see them while some other local software could). It puzzled me as LMS kept the same IP address (and was reachable there) and all players worked fine, as did miniserver to virtual device control. After several days of searching, I figured out that the UDP packages were routed via the Hyper-V internal switch adapter, putting them on the wrong network segment. So in the end I have no idea why this functionality of LMS uses the other network segment by default (perhaps because it is a different process).... But I hope the info helps other people to debug things faster. :-)

Kommentar

Lädt...
          X