Ankündigung

Einklappen

INFORMATION

Please be aware that electrical installations should be performed by a qualified person.
Mehr anzeigen
Weniger anzeigen

Heating Oil tank level

Einklappen
X
  • Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Heating Oil tank level

My boiler for the heating system is fed from heating oil (kerosene) what methods would you recommend to keep an eye on the levels of the tank from the Loxone software?
    Example of the tank https://www.fueltankshop.co.uk/1235-...eso-h1235t/p66
    Any help would be appriciated.

This would be the use case for an ultrasonic sensor.
    See https://www.loxwiki.eu/display/LOX/U...ernungsmessung (German), with a link to Loxone’s sensor, and also a cheaper one, that needs a mA to V transformation.
    Zuletzt geändert von Christian Fenzl; 08.Mr.2019, 07:10.
    PN/PM: Ich bevorzuge die Beantwortung von Fragen in öffentlichen Threads, wo andere mithelfen und mitprofitieren können. Herzlichen Dank!

Kommentar

Maybe www.oilfox.io would be an option
      Smarter Gruß,
      Carsten

Kommentar

Zitat von cRieder Beitrag anzeigen
        Maybe www.oilfox.io would be an option
        Thanks for the link, however i want to get away from application based products and have one set of controls and sensors.
        Zuletzt geändert von Sparkydean75; 11.Mr.2019, 20:59.

Kommentar

There is an API, so no need for an App
          Smarter Gruß,
          Carsten

Kommentar

I've got a vl53l0x time of flight sensor (laser) that I am mounting in the top of my oil tank - then I have some code running on an arduino and sending the measurement via UDP to the loxone.

You would need to do some maths to calcuate remaining volume of the tank - as if you tank is a horizontal cylinder then its not going to be that.. easy, but can be done..however I am just interested in level.. I havent put mine on the tank yet as I was having some reliability issues, I think due to the length of the I2C bus cable in that its over 1m and not recommended. I might swap to a decent screened cable and test again..

I have photos and code that I can share if needed.

David

Kommentar

Hi David, yeah i'd be interested to see them, however i would be looking into something which i can just view from the loxone app. Having to keep adding 'extras' and other components just can leave you with all sorts of false readings and inaccuracy.

Kommentar

This can be viewed from the loxone app.. Let me get some pics together. False readings can be dealt with in the code as and when I get that far.

Inacurracy is better than how I currently check my oil level

Kommentar

So going back onto this project.
                  Oil tank has the following dimensions. W 1150mm, L1580mm H 1240 and holds about 1200 litres of oil.
                  Im going to put in an ultrasonic sensor with a range of 120mm to 1300mm so will be enough to show the values.
                  Is there any way of showing a graphic of a tank in the software and having loxone show the level overlaid on the tank?
                  Or which way would you use to monitor the tank in both litres and say maxiumum, mid and low level?
                  Which block would be best to use?

Kommentar

Look in the Periphery tree under Icons. Click on 'Status Symbols'; you have the ability to create your own symbols with the 'Edit Icons' tool in the main window.

eg. Wind direction arrows
                    Garbage bin 'animation'
                    Weather etc

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: Status Symbols.png
Ansichten: 43
Größe: 56,1 KB
ID: 199732

The State Block then has the ability to display the chosen graphic. Alongside the graphic, you can include the accurate litres remaining.

Name: Animated graphics.png
Ansichten: 32
Größe: 36,1 KB
ID: 199733

Name: Bins.png
Ansichten: 32
Größe: 85,7 KB
ID: 199734

Ich spreche kein Deutsch. Gib Google Translate die Schuld, wenn ich unverständlich bin.

Kommentar

Tico, that is really useful information many thanks. Where do you get all these extra icons from? Is it a Loxone thing or just around on the net as i only have a handfull in the folder?

Kommentar

I have a mix of downloaded images and self-made ones. To import an image, it needs to be resized to 32x32 pixels in PNG format.

There's also a method to get less pixelated images into Loxone, but you need to weigh the time/benefit for this more complex process -

https://www.loxwiki.eu/pages/viewpag...pageId=5767292

https://www.loxforum.com/forum/germa...en-png-und-svg

https://www.loxwiki.eu/display/LOX/S...llten+Grafiken
                        Ich spreche kein Deutsch. Gib Google Translate die Schuld, wenn ich unverständlich bin.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                        X